LoRayne has evolved over the past 25 years, to become one of the leading experts in the nutrition and fitness industry, and is constantly sought for her perspective and guidance by nutrition professionals, consumers and corporations.She is a published author, with over 40 articles including “Why American’s Can’t Weight,” “Creating Inner Harmony-The Path to Optimal Digestion,” “The Many Faces of Breast, Cancer.” and "Amazing Acidophilus," which was one of the first articles for consumers about probiotics that was published in 1997. She’s been interviewed for her nutrition expertise and perspective by SELF, SHAPE, Oxygen, MORE, and Luxury Spa Finder Magazines. In addition to all that she's: a wellness educator, who has built nutrition departments for 5 star luxury spas, gyms, medical facilities, and natural product stores.
M.S. in Nutrition (Clayton College 2006)
A.A. In Applied Health, Nutrition & Kinesiology (Mira Costa College 2016)
A.A. in Gerontology (Mira Costa College 2017)
B.S. Food & Nutrition Management (Arizona State University in progress grad date 2019)
Certified Nutritionist (Natural Healing Institute Encinitas, CA 1994)
Certified in Optimal Aging (Mira Costa College, Oceanside, CA 2014)
Certified in Homeopathy Level 3 (Homeopathy NOW-Shelly McQuarter & Willow Tipton 2005)
Serve Safe: National Trainer & Proctor for Food Safety
U.C.S.D. Exercise Science and Fitness Instruction
A.A.F.A Personal trainer and National Proctor for group exercise exams
A.C.E. CEU Provider with her original Body B.A.R. class.
Fitness Competitor & Model Career
SHAPE magazine-Fitness Model
Ms. Fitness competitions-California:
Venice Beach: 5th Place (1995)
Inland Empire: 3rd Place (1996)
Vista: 1st Place (1996)
Hollywood: 3rd Place (1996) *Qualified for National Ms. Fitness Competition
National Ms. Fitness Competition:
Buena Park-100th overall--1st Place in over 40 age group (1997)
A few of the companies LoRayne has aligned her services with
Significant Work Achievements
- Spearheaded building and development of successful nutrition departments, which implemented guest assessments, lifestyle changes through education, including weight loss programs, culinary classes, food safety classes and kitchen audits, menu analysis and development (Cal-a-Vie Spa, Henry’s Market Place, Restaurants, Private corporations).
- Conducted research interpretation for formulators, presenters and authors, which translated into successful products and presentations being delivered to market, and increased sales (Documentary DVD editing Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Orange County Fire Authority, KPBS Documentary with Dr. Mark Stengler on Wight Loss, Consultant for companies on Dietary Supplement's, cGMP and Structure Function claims.
- Presented in house staff training's and consumer seminars. Resulting in higher sales for vitamin departments and less returns by the consumer for products purchased. Revenues increased by 42% the first year.
- Improved Survey Results for the Nutrition department for Food Safety (Title 22), Skilled Nursing Facilities, by educating and in servicing staff, developed system of accountability and tracking, resulting in reduced fines, increased monthly revenues by 20%, increased guest satisfaction, and reduced complaints. (Las Villas del Norte, Sunrise Senior Living)
- Improved gym and spa retention by 45% by presenting health & wellness seminars, challenge 10 K runs, choreographed and developed original classes for Women’s Fitness Centers, Gyms and Luxury Spa’s, Four Seasons Aviara, The Golden Door, Gold’s Gym Hawaii, Frog’s Club One, North County Athletic Club, Fitness for Her, L.A. Fitness.
For further information regarding consulting, or seminars please contact LoRayne at: email@example.com