Indeed, plant based everything is on the rise, and with that being the theme for 2016--here's a very easy and tasty recipe which will relieve your taste buds from boredom. I found this on Whole Foods web site, and test drove it yesterday--Yum-May!! Enjoy
- 3/4 pound skinless paiche fillet, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and diced
- 1 lemon, peeled and diced (remove any seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 large collard leaves
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onions
Meanwhile, bring a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Using a paring knife, make a V-shaped cut into each collard leaf and remove thickest part of rib. Drop leaves 2 at a time into the boiling water and cook until just pliable, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on a kitchen towel.
Lay collard leaves on a work surface, slightly overlapping sides where rib was cut out. Place a scant 1/2 cup fish mixture in the middle, sprinkle with onions and roll up burrito-style.